Domestic violence suspect revealed to be man crushed to death in south London

Domestic violence suspect revealed to be man crushed to death in south London

Domestic violence suspect revealed to be man crushed to death in south London dustcart after he climbed in to hide from police

  • The man was found in the back of the lorry on Monday and pronounced dead 
  • Around 20 minutes prior, police had been called over domestic disturbance 
  • Post mortem to be carried out to establish the cause of death of man in his 40s 

A domestic violence suspect has been revealed to be a man who was crushed to death in a dustcart after he is thought to have climbed inside to hide from police. 

Detectives are said to be working on the theory that the man, in his late 40s, was inside the bin when it was tipped into the dustcart truck by council contractors collecting bins in Wandsworth, south west London. 

The man was found in the rear of the bin lorry at 9.25am on Monday, and was pronounced dead at the scene. 

Around 20 minutes beforehand, police had been called to a domestic disturbance nearby involving a woman in her late 40s and a young boy. Both were hurt, but the extent of their injuries is not know. 

A male suspect fled the scene and police believe he then climbed into a bin outside nearby council flats. 

Detectives are said to be working on the theory that the man, in his late 40s, was inside the bin when it was tipped into the dustcart truck by council contractors (STOCK IMAGE)

According to the Sun, sources claim police were not chasing the suspect at the time, and the matter has not been referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct as a result. 

Detectives are yet to rule out if he deliberately threw himself into the cart or not. A post mortem is now set to be carried out to establish whether the man was deceased or alive when he fell into the dustcart.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12289193/Domestic-violence-suspect-revealed-man-crushed-death-south-London.html

Recommended For You