Prep: 10 minutes | Cook:10 minutes | Serves 4
• 4 corn on the cob
• 25g Parmesan, finely grated
• 1 tbsp mayonnaise
• 3 tbsp Mary Berry’s Light Salad Dressing
• 2 spring onions, finely chopped plus extra to serve
• 1 tsp smoked paprika, plus extra to serve
1. Cook the corn in boiling water for 5 minutes, remove and drain on kitchen paper.
2. Blend together the Parmesan, mayonnaise, salad dressing spring onions and paprika, season.
3. Preheat the grill. Place the corn on a foil lined baking tray and spread with half the mixture and grill for 3-4 minutes until just beginning to char.
Turn the corn over and spread with remaining mixture and grill again for 3-4 minutes.
4. Serve sprinkled with extra spring onions and paprika.
• Great for cooking on the barbecue. Prepare in advance and grill when required
Picture and recipe: Mary Berry
Or, please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ
Former Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.
Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.