Children among eight in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in central London | UK News

Emergency crews dealing with the incident this morning(Picture: UkNewsinPictures)

A number of hotel guests including children were rushed to hospital after a carbon monoxide leak in London this morning.

Paramedics and fire services rushed to the scene in Tavistock Place, near Russell Square, at about 7am after reports of a ‘chemical incident.’

20 people were treated at the scene before six adults and two children were taken to hospital.

None are believed to have life-threatening injuries.

A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: ‘We sent a number of resources to the scene, including four ambulance crews, an incident response officer, and members of our Hazardous Area Response Team (HART).

More: Trending

‘We assessed over 20 people at the scene before taking six adults and two children to hospital.’

A Met spokesman said: ‘Police were called to reports of a possible chemical incident at a commercial premises at Tavistock Place, WC1.

‘The property was evacuated as a precaution after people were taken ill.

‘Their conditions are not life-threatening.

‘The problem related to a boiler fault. This is now being addressed.

‘The Health and Safety Executive has been notified.’

This is a breaking news story, more to follow soon… Check back shortly for further updates.

Got a story? Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected]. Or you can submit your videos and pictures here.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Follow on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news updates. You can now also get articles sent straight to your device. Sign up for our daily push alerts here.

Recommended For You