Salary: £23,000 – £27,000
Location: London/Remote considered
Have you got what it takes to get our books noticed? Do you have a passion for smart, diverse SFF and Crime? Do you know how to put together unmissable campaigns, write eye-catching copy and set social media buzzing? We’re looking for a creative thinker who listens and responds to the changing market to join us as our new Campaigns Executive or to start their career in an Assistant role.
The role will focus on marketing and publicity but we’re primarily looking for someone with a marketing passion.
We will consider remote applications but the candidate will need to be available to come to our North London office when needed, or manage marketing mail outs from where they are based if they wish to work primarily remote.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
To plan and implement the marketing campaigns for the company’s books ensuring optimum promotion and offering support to the sales team to smooth the selling of our products.
Evaluate and test the efficiency of marketing our books with new and emerging marketing trends to ensure that as much of our core audience as possible is targeted by our campaigns.
Create publicity campaigns for titles in the list.
You will cultivate relationships with our authors, retail partners and other brands to ensure that we make full use of all our connections to amplify our marketing messages.
- Plan and implement marketing campaigns for all our titles, including social media promotion, digital advertising, print advertising, third-party promotions, PPC etc
- Liaise with authors to ensure that they are updated on campaigns and that we are using their platforms and networks where applicable
- Brief and print all sales materials from sales sheets to catalogues
- Optimize online copy to ensure we are making the most of our metadata
- Work with the sales team on trade-facing communication and promotional campaigns
- Manage the marketing budget effectively – making sure every penny we spend has a strong ROI
- Handle non-lead publicity – pitching to outlets, getting books noticed and setting up blog tours.
- Manage website and optimise our SEO
KEY SKILLS for Executive level
- Must have at least 18 months’ experience in trade publishing or marketing, preferably fiction
- Have managed your own title campaigns
- Good understanding of SEO, PPC and social media promotion
- Be a strong communicator, both verbally and digitally
- Have excellent copywriting skills
- Be organised with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Be self-sufficient and able to manage their own workload
- Experience with the Google Cloud Suite of software package of programmes as well as MS Office
- Experience of using Adobe Indesign and Photoshop would be an advantage
The successful candidate will join a focused team of fiction lovers with a collegiate environment and access to the other imprints expertise and knowledge of M&P.
The salary range for this role is between £23,000 – £27,000 per annum dependent on experience.
Watkins employ based on ability. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. If you are shortlisted for interview, please let us know if you require any adjustments or support