51-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a series of armed robberies, police have said.
The man was arrested on Monday on suspicion of five counts of robbery.
The man was arrested by officers from the Met’s Flying Squad and had taregted a number of bookmakers in south London.
He remains in custody in a east London police station.
His arrest is part of an investigation into a linked series of armed robberies where shop staff were threatened by a man with a firearm at the following locations:
- A bookmakers in High Street, Sutton, on Monday, 4 April
- A bookmakers in Burnt Ash Road, Norwood Junction, on Wednesday, 13 April
- A bookmakers in Burnt Ash Road, Norwood Junction, on Monday, 18 April
- A bookmarkers in High Street, Lee, on Saturday, 23 April
- A bookmarkers in Crayford Road, Crayford on Sunday, 24 April