The Art Newspaper looking for an Editorial Assistant who is full of ideas, energy and a passion for visual art to support our editorial teams in London and New York. They will work closely with the digital team to help source and publish daily news as well as assist with administrative tasks for the monthly print newspaper and additional supplements. Developing and publishing social media content will be a key task. Time management and organisational skills are essential to this busy role as is a basic understanding of both art history and the art industry.
This is a permanent, full-time, London-based position, starting from 2 May 2022.
- Collate industry news, maintain the newspaper’s forward diary and identify breaking stories
- Assist digital team in maintaining the website, including opportunities to write and edit articles
- Post articles on social media and manage Instagram account
- Send daily push notifications
- Source images
- Compile daily newsletter under instruction from digital editors
- Manage The Art Newspaper’s general enquiries inbox
- Oversee upload of print issues to the content management system (CMS) liaising between the production manager, section editors and sub editors
- Undertake art fair team duties such as picture editing and social media output
- Support the editorial team with general admin
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Background in culture media and experience using a CMS preferred but not essential
- Demonstrable experience in social media promotion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational abilities and people skills
- Proficient in Adobe CC applications (Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign etc)
Interested candidates should send a CV with a covering email explaining your suitability for the role and salary expectations and three examples of your writing to [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 10am Wednesday 6 April 2022.
About The Art Newspaper
For more than 30 years, The Art Newspaper has been covering the world of art—and the world in which art happens. We write about all the latest developments, but also analyse the most significant events and trends, looking at how the international landscape of art and culture shapes—and is shaped—by politics, society, the economy, technology and the environment.
We serve an international audience, offering multi-channel access to breaking news, agenda-setting investigations and stimulating insights and opinion from around the globe.
With correspondents working in more than 30 countries, our expert, independent reporting makes us the most trusted resource for the art industry. The Art Newspaper benefits from being part of an international network of titles with editorial offices in London, New York, Paris, Turin, Athens, Moscow and Shanghai.
The Art Newspaper is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an equitable workforce and promoting qualified persons regardless of race, gender, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period will be open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.