An alleged far-right extremist has denied plotting a terrorist attack on a major immigration law firm.
Cavan Medlock, 29, pleaded not guilty to researching Duncan Lewis Solicitors, with the intention of killing immigration solicitor Toufique Hossain whilst armed with a knife and carrying Nazi and Confederate flags.
He had been charged with preparation of terrorist acts under Section 5 of the Terrorism Act, 2006.
Appearing today at the Old Bailey, he spoke only to confirm his name and enter his pleas, whilst wearing a grey hoodie and glasses.
READ MORE: Husband who murdered wife said ‘I killed the b****, what more do you want to know?’ when found by police
The incident is believed to have occurred on September 7, 2020.
Medlock, from Austen Road, Harrow, has also denied making threats to kill.
He did however plead guilty to the four charges of threatening with a bladed article in a public place, battery and two counts of causing racially aggravated alarm or distress towards two other solicitors.
Prosecutors have said that he objected to the solicitor Hossain’s involvement in preventing the Government from deporting immigrants.
The court had previously heard that last autumn, Medlock had entered Duncan Lewis Solicitors offices in Harrow equipped with a knife and handcuffs.
He had threatened a receptionist with a knife, before allegedly threatening a solicitor and abusing staff members in relation to their racial or ethnic backgrounds.
Do you want to stay up to date with the latest news, views, features and opinion from across the city?
MyLondon’s brilliant newsletter The 12 is absolutely jam packed with all the latest to keep you keep you entertained, informed and uplifted.
You’ll get 12 stories straight to your inbox at around 12pm. It’s the perfect lunchtime read.
And what’s more – it’s FREE!
The MyLondon team tells London stories for Londoners. Our journalists cover all the news you need – from City Hall to your local streets, so you’ll never miss a moment.
Don’t skip a beat and sign up to The 12 newsletter here.
A trial date had previously been set for March 2022, but had been postponed.
His Honour Judge Mark Wall QC remanded him in custody ahead of his trial, which has been fixed for two weeks starting July 11, 2022.
Want more from MyLondon? Sign up to our daily newsletters for all the latest and greatest from across London here.