Home South London Convicted rapist, 40, ‘heard voices’ before ‘stabbing’ Croydon girlfriend, 23, to death...

Convicted rapist, 40, ‘heard voices’ before ‘stabbing’ Croydon girlfriend, 23, to death in Holiday Inn

10

A convicted rapist told friends he had been “hearing voices” talking about him in the months before killing his girlfriend by stabbing her in the neck, a court has heard.

Khloemae Loy was stabbed in the neck at the Holiday Inn Express in Greenwich, South East London. The 23-year-old was pronounced dead in the hotel room in Greenwich, South East London, on July 5.

Francis, 40, of no fixed address, has pleaded guilty to manslaughter but has denied murder on the grounds of diminished responsibility due to mental health conditions.

READ MORE: Mum, 31, found by daughter, 8, dead from flu brought on by epilepsy and cocaine use

As the trial continues, a court heard that Francis suffered serious injuries from falling 50 feet attempting to escape from a fifth-storey window, the Daily Mail reports.

Francis stabbed Ms Loy in the neck at the Holiday Inn Express near the O2 arena on the Greenwich Peninsula

Jurors heard that the young woman’s parents had begged her to leave the relationship with the man, according to the newspaper.

Francis, who the court heard was known to have used steroids, has been described by prosecutors as “violent” and “self-obsessed”.

On May 6, he is said to have texted a friend to say he had been “hearing voices” talking about him, the court heard, according to the Mail.

Police visited his Kingston address on May 7 to monitor him because he is on the sex offenders register due to a rape conviction in 2002, the outlet reported.

The court reportedly heard that a tense interaction between Francis and the police ensued where he shouted: “What the f*** do you want”.

“He was puffing his chest out and trying to intimidate officers,” prosecutor Kate Lumsdon QC said of Francis, who has “bad PTSD”, anxiety and was on medication because of his mental health problems.

In a discussion with his flatmate via text seemingly over the government’s coronavirus guidance, Francis reportedly said: “They don’t need to say ‘stay alert’ to me. I’m hyper alert to the police and any dodgy character. It’s making me paranoid.”

On May 11, the 40-year-old contacted the team responsible for communicating with sex offenders in the community describing an plot to attack him, the court heard.

He said: “I believe my neighbours have found out about my rape conviction, I believe they’re planning an attack.

0 GettyImages 1028621910

MyLondon’s brilliant new newsletter The 12 is packed with news, views, features and opinion from across the city.

Every day we’ll send you a free email at around 12pm with 12 stories to keep you entertained, informed and uplifted. It’s the perfect lunchtime read.

The MyLondon team tells London stories for Londoners. Our 45 journalists cover all the news you need – from City Hall to your local streets.

Never miss a moment by signing up to The 12 newsletter here.

“I must protect myself and my girlfriend living with me.”

On May 14, Francis dialled 999 echoing similar claims. He reportedly said: “It’s a matter of time before they do something” and he “heard them from the house next door.”

The court heard that Francis told the operator it will be a “murder scene” if anyone comes into the house “as he’s got PTSD.”

Police officers later visited Francis at his flat where he told them he had a machete upstairs and had installed a security camera in his kitchen. He was exhibiting “incredibly odd behaviour,” the Mail reports.

Francis subsequently called 999 again early on May 15 claiming he heard a group of males outside the house say “let’s do this tonight”.

Hours later at around 4am, he claimed he overheard people saying “they will come to his house and finish off the job”.

When he eventually allowed police arrived to enter his home around 5am authorities found “Francis in an erratic state,” Ms Lumsdon said.

She added: “Mr Francis slammed the door closed believing, he said, they were about to Taser him.”

The following morning he told police he was going to vacate his residence over fear of “all the neighbours everywhere.”

“He agreed to come to Kingston police station as a place of safety,” said Ms Lumsdon.

“He said he heard people outside the station mentioning his name. Officers went outside to check. There was no-one there.”

Following a later call to 999 from Kingston Hospital the following morning, Francis “accused the police of not taking the situation seriously and wanting to get him killed,” Ms Lumsdon said.

He claimed people walking past the hospital had called him “a rapist and a nonce”. He was later discharged and given an escort to the police station after he requested one for “safety reasons”, the Mail reports.

On May 17, Francis was arrested for a breach of notification order and taken to Brixton Police Station as he failed to tell police he was of no fixed address.

He spent the night at Kingston police station but no further action was taken against the charge.

Ms Lumsdon has said there “is no issue” that Francis killed Loy but told jurors they must consider whether he was suffering from any mental condition at the time.

The trial continues.

Want more from MyLondon? Sign up to our daily newsletters for all the latest and greatest from across London here.

Read More
Read More

https://www.mylondon.news/news/south-london-news/convicted-rapist-40-heard-voices-21982193