Home Breaking News West Londoners horrified after ‘dog poo’ smeared on traffic lights near school

West Londoners horrified after ‘dog poo’ smeared on traffic lights near school

6

West London residents are outraged after ‘dog poo’ was smeared over buttons on traffic light signs near a school.

One local resident was walking near Elthorne Park High School just off Boston Road in Hanwell on Saturday morning when she noticed a strange substance on not one, but four traffic lights signs.

This meant that anyone wishing to cross the road would have had to touch the substance in order to get the traffic lights to change colour. Unsurprisingly, local residents are both furious and disgusted at the ‘vile act’.

READ MORE: Care worker forced to leave home because of rats, damp and mould may not get new property ‘until Christmas’

Taking to a local Facebook group for Hanwell and Ealing residents, Meriam Khan said: “To the sick person who senselessly wiped dog poo on each of the traffic light buttons (it’s on all 4!) at the Boston Manor Road intersection with Elthorne High School, what is wrong with you?

“Dog poo can blind people and is appalling that you would do this near a school. I’m just shocked beyond words.”

Here at MyLondon, we’re doing our very best to make sure you get the latest news, reviews and features from your area.

Now there’s a way you can keep up to date with the areas that matter to you with our free email newsletters.

We have seven newsletters you can currently sign up for – including a different one for each area of London and one dedicated totally to EastEnders.

The local newsletters go out twice a day and send the latest stories straight to your inbox.

From community stories and news covering every borough of London to celebrity and lifestyle stories, we’ll make sure you get the very best every day.

To sign up to any of our newsletters, simply follow this link and select the newsletter that’s right for you.

And to really customise your news experience on the go, you can download our top-rated free apps for iPhone and Android. Find out more here.

Although incredibly rare, contact with dog excrement can cause toxocariasis – a nasty infection that can lead to dizziness, nausea, asthma and even blindness or seizures.

The post has received strong reaction from locals, racking up more than 100 reactions and 50 comments – with one person saying that she will ‘never touch one of these again’.

One said: “There truly is some horrible people around why on earth would you want to do such a thing. The culprit must certainly have a very sad life to want to do this.”

A second added: “WOW! I have no words. No human in their right mind would do this.”

A third chimed in: “It’s such a horrible and disgusting thing. I can’t actually get my head around it why anyone would do that.”

Download the MyLondon app for the latest news and breaking updates

Get the latest London news straight on your phone without having to open your browser – and get all the latest breaking news as notifications on your screen.

The MyLondon app gives you all the stories you need to help you keep on top of what’s happening in the best city ever.

You can download it on Android here and Apple here.

A fourth said: “We do have some stupid people around with absolutely no respect for anyone, and that’s putting it lightly.”

One resident says that they have reported the incident to Ealing Council, while others are calling for increased CCTV and larger fines for these types of offences.

Do you have any stories that you think we should be covering? Get in touch by contacting [email protected]

Do you want the latest news in your area sent straight to your inbox? It only takes a few minutes! Click here.

Read More
Read More

https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-london-news/west-londoners-horrified-after-dog-21818780