Three women and a man injured in Friday night hammer rampage in London

Metropolitan Police have said officers dealt with a “violent incident” overnight which resulted in three women and a man being rushed to hospital

The man’s second attack happened in a pub on Glasshouse Street, in Soho, London

Image: Google)

Three women and a man were rushed to hospital following a man’s violent hammer rampage through central London.

Westminster police have said officers dealt with a “violent incident” overnight which resulted in three women and a man being rushed to hospital after two separate attacks; one on Regent Street and another in a pub on nearby Glasshouse Street.

Meanwhile, a man has been arrested for grievous bodily harm.

Bar staffer Carla Fernandez, who worked at the nearby Glassblower pub, has told the Mirror she believes she witnessed the aftermath of the first attack during her walk from work, to the tube.

She had been walking down Regent Street around 11pm when she passed a person lying on the pavement, she said, with a group of people surrounding them.

“I saw a person on the ground – they were holding their stomach and they looked really hurt,” she said.

“There looked to be some blood involved – I didn’t look for very long as I was a bit scared.”

Around five people were standing around the injured party, Carla said, along with a police officer who appeared to be speaking to someone on a walky-talky or a mobile phone.

Did you witness anything? Email [email protected]

“When I was walking past it I saw two-or three police cars arriving,” Carla added.

Carla said she could not tell at the time whether the person was male or female.

A police statement issued this morning confirmed officers were called shortly before 11pm on Friday night, to reports of a man attacking people in Regent Street.

“The man used a hammer to hit 2 women,” the statement continued.

“Both women – one aged in her 30s and the other in her 20s – have been taken to hospital where their conditions are not believed to be life-threatening.”

The man then continued on his violent rampage, entering a pub in Glasshouse Street where he used the hammer to attack a woman, aged in her 40s, as well as a man aged in his 50s.

Both have been taken to hospital where they are both believed to be in a stable condition.

A 38-year-old man has since been detained by security staff at the pub and arrested by police officers on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.

He has been taken into custody at a central London police station.

Recommended For You