Son Heung-min has been ruled out of South Korea’s World Cup qualifying match against Lebanon on Tuesday after sustaining a minor injury in training.
Son played the full 90 minutes in their 0-0 draw against Iraq on Thursday, but will miss out on their final game of this international break.
The 29-year-old is said to have sustained a calf strain in training on Monday, after feeling some discomfort in his right leg during the session.
It is said that the forward’s absence is just a precaution and his north London club will be hoping that it is nothing serious.
Son has been a vital part in Tottenham’s opening three Premier League games this season and is the second player to be left out of his international side, after Ryan Sessegnon withdrew from the England U21s on Monday.
Son has scored two of Tottenham’s three Premier League goals so far and now looks set to continue his success, after rekindling his partnership with Harry Kane on the pitch.
The forward has recently signed a new four-year contract at the club, where he will be hoping to continue being a crucial player in Nuno Espirito Santo’s starting line-ups.
With Son seeming to be one of the first choices in a Spurs starting 11 and their next game being on Sunday against Crystal Palace, the head coach and the fans will all be hoping the injury isn’t enough to keep him out of action for long.
The Lilywhites also have upcoming Carabao Cup and Europa Conference League fixtures and the South Korean will be needed throughout to help Tottenham continue their recent success.