Home East London Man guilty of raping attacking robbing women in east London

Man guilty of raping attacking robbing women in east London


A rapist who focused and attacked 5 lone women over an 11-day interval has been discovered guilty of his crimes.

Abdallah Baballah carried out the assault in July 2019, preying on girl who had been making their approach dwelling in the course of the early hours of the morning.

On every event the 25-year-old tried to interact with the sufferer earlier than placing her in worry by saying or implying he had a weapon and robbing her, and in some cases, sexually assaulting her.

On Thursday, May 6, Baballah was discovered guilty of 9 counts together with rape, tried rape and theft following a trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court.

Baballah will likely be sentenced for his crimes in July. Photo: CPS

He had beforehand pleaded guilty to 5 different counts together with assault occasioning precise bodily hurt and rape.

Baballah adopted his first sufferer off the N15 night time bus in Plaistow at round 2.30am on July 1. He stated “Give me your cellphone or I’ll stab you,” earlier than dragging her to a residential avenue and raping her thrice. He stole money from her pockets however returned her cellphone and identification playing cards.

The second sufferer was focused after she obtained off at Leyton underground station simply after 3am on July 6.

Baballah forcibly grabbed maintain of her, suggesting he had a knife, and took her cellphone from her. He supplied to present her cellphone again on the situation that she carry out oral intercourse on him. The sufferer managed to get away by fleeing in direction of a passing member of the general public.

Baballah on the N15 in Plaistow. Photo: CPS

Baballah on the N15 in Plaistow. Photo: CPS

An hour later, Baballah attacked one other girl strolling alongside a residential street in Leyton. He sexually assaulted her, robbed her cellphone and ring, after which raped her earlier than punching her in the face. The girl managed to run to a close-by home to get assist.

Baballah’s fourth sufferer was attacked at round 3am on July 8 simply as she alighted the N15 night time bus in Dagenham. He chased her earlier than demanding her cellphone. The sufferer began to shout and scream whereas Baballah hit her in the face and tried to cowl her mouth. He finally ran off along with her bag and cellphone, with the handset recovered on him upon arrest.

Baballah pictured on CCTV in Leyton High Street. Photo: CPS

Baballah pictured on CCTV in Leyton High Street. Photo: CPS

The last sufferer was attacked after she obtained off the N15 night time bus in East Ham in the early hours of July 11.

Baballah dragged her right into a facet street earlier than throwing her to the bottom and making an attempt to pin her down by punching her. She managed to combat him off, breaking free to run to a member of the general public who had come out of his home upon listening to the commotion. Baballah stole her bag and cellphone in the course of the assault.

Karen Phillips, from the CPS, stated: “This violent and wicked man has at each flip tried to divert accountability away from himself by callously claiming that many of these encounters had been consensual. They weren’t.

“The prosecution case included robust proof from the victims, CCTV footage and forensic proof – together with Baballah’s personal thumbprint on a cell phone he had returned to a sufferer after brutally raping her.

“Baballah focused women on their approach dwelling and in most circumstances threatened them with bodily violence except they carried out sexual acts. Despite struggling such terrifying experiences, I need to pay tribute to those 5 immensely courageous women. They absolutely supported this prosecution and informed the courtroom and jury in regards to the violence inflicted upon them.

“As a outcome of their braveness a harmful man is now not on the streets. I hope that his conviction gives them with some sense of consolation and permits them to maneuver on with their lives.”

He will likely be sentenced on July 30.