The numbers of recent Covid-19 infections in a number of south west London boroughs elevated in the most recent seven-day interval measured in knowledge launched by Public Health England (PHE).
Weeks after the presence of the extremely infectious South African variant of coronavirus was discovered in Lambeth and Wandsworth, the numbers of recent circumstances in these boroughs was rising in the seven days up to April 21 in line with the PHE knowledge.
There was some hypothesis that circumstances had been up in south west London boroughs like these nearer to the river as a result of that’s the place so-called ‘surge’ testing, which requires all residents in sure postcodes to be examined for the virus, happened there in response to the presence of the variant.
All adults in England can now simply get free fast #COVID19 checks.
You can order or accumulate packs of checks to do at dwelling and report your outcomes on-line.
Find out extra: https://t.co/SxjCKKBSgXpic.twitter.com/yEKJLH9jmN
— Public Health England (@PHE_uk) April 27, 2021
That programme, which requested everybody in Wandsworth and Lambeth over 11 years previous to get examined, ended Monday (April 26).
Below is a whole listing of boroughs in south west London together with the variety of new circumstances, proportion change and ‘rolling fee’ of infections per 100,000 folks in the week up to April 21.
- Croydon: Cases 60, -4.8 per cent, rolling fee 15.5
- Sutton: Cases 38, +18.8 per cent, rolling fee 18.4
- Merton: Cases 54, -3.6 per cent, rolling fee 26.1
- Lambeth: Cases 73, +30.4 per cent, rolling fee 22.4
- Wandsworth: Cases 105, +31.2 per cent, rolling fee 32.8
- Richmond: Cases 38, -9.5 per cent, rolling fee 19.2
- Kingston: Cases 35, -18.6 per cent, rolling fee 19.7
- Epsom and Ewell: Cases 21, +110 per cent, rolling fee 26.0
- Reigate and Banstead: Cases 19, +35.7 per cent, rolling fee 12.8