Buying a house or a flat is one of the biggest steps anyone can make with many things to consider.
Firstly you have to decide where exactly you want to live and then you will need to consider how you will finance buying your future home.
For many living in London even the thought of purchasing their first home seems like a pipe dream.
According to the Land Registry, 552,125 home sales have been registered for 2020 so the Covid pandemic has certainly not dampened peoples spirit for finding that perfect new home.
Remote working has meant many people have left London for the seaside and smaller towns safe in the knowledge that they are able to do their job without venturing into the office.
If London is where you heart is though and you still hope to buy you may be surprised just how cheap some property is.
For more news and features about London directly to your inbox sign up to our newsletter here .
MyLondon looked at the most expensive and the cheapest property sold in Croydon last year and the results are pretty incredible.
Most expensive in Croydon
1) 37 Russell Hill Road, Purley, Croydon, CR8 2LF – Detached house sold for £5,700,000 on January 31
2) 170 Hayes Lane, Kenley, CR8 5HQ – Detached house for £3,000,000 on August 6
3) High Trees, Promenade De Verdun, Purley, CR8 3LN – Detached house sold for £2,450,000 on June 30
4) 21 Rose Walk, Purley, Croydon, CR8 3LJ – Detached house sold for £2,170,000 on August 17
5) 67 Higher Drive, Purley, CR8 2HR – Detached house sold for £2,170,000 on October 19
6) Birch House, Birch Lane, Purley, CR8 3LH – Detached house sold for £2,050,000 on June 5
7) 10 Pine Coombe, Croydon, CR0 5HS – Detached house sold for £2,000,000 on September 10
8) 24 Coulsdon Court Road, Coulsdon, CR5 2LL – Detached house sold for £1,960,000 on March 31
9) 15 Peaks Hill, Purley, CR8 3JG – Detached house sold for £1,700,000 on August 28
10) Robinwood, 5 Furze Hill, Purley, CR8 3LB – Detached house sold for £1,560,000 on February 10
Least Expensive in Croydon
1) 39 Watney Close, Purley, CR8 4BS – Flat sold for £88,000 on September 25
2) 103 Ladygrove, Croydon, CR0 9LT – Flat sold for £90,000 on October 8
3) Flat 10, Crown House, 418 Godstone Road, Kenley, CR8 5GX – Flat sold for £91,500 on June 5
4) Flat 16, 16 Tennison Road, South Norwood, SE25 5BF – Flat sold for £92,750 on January 17
5) Flat 25, Colclough Court, 8 Simpson Close, Croydon, CR0 2NR – Flat sold for £94,000 on January 31
6) Flat 3, Croftside, 53, Sunny Bank, South Norwood,, SE25 4TL – Flat sold for £98,000 on July 17
7) Flat 21, 2 Hastings Road, Croydon, CR0 6PH – Flat sold for £98,000 on March 27
8) 35 Junction Road, South Croydon, CR2 6RB – Flat sold for £100,000 on March 4
9) Flat 3, 18 Auckland Road, South Norwood, SE19 2DJ – Flat sold for £100,000 on February 5
10) Flat 1, Nicholass Court, Dale Road, Purley, CR8 2ED, – Flat sold for £100,000 on September 28
A total of 77 homes sold for £1 million or more in Croydon in 2020, according to the data from the Land Registry.